Islamic Relief Canada is hiring a Business Process Analyst to working in Burlington, ON and/or remotely.
Job Title: Business Process Analyst
Status: Full time, 4 month Contract
Location: Burlington, ON / Remote
Reports to: IT Project Manager
Islamic Relief Canada is looking for a Business Process Analyst to document, develop, and analyze business processes, software workflows, and data requirements to help during an org-wide ERP system implementation and rollout.
The successful candidate will facilitate the identification and documentation of detailed user stories (functional requirements), process and system flow, contributing to the overall user experience, technical solution, and acceptance criteria for the upgraded ERP system.
The analyst will report to the IT manager and work closely with internal business process owners, technical teams, and other stakeholders to support business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Documenting and Evaluating Current Processes
- Coordinate business process discovery activities to identify critical workflows and the person responsible and accountable for process components,
- Document current business process flows and create process maps (flow diagrams) using MS Visio or any similar tools
- Support writing the gap analysis and technical requirements with the development team
Designing and Documenting Future Business Processes
- Analyze current business processes to identify pain points & process gaps and any optimization needs
- Study data to make improvements to one or many steps of the process to increase productivity, reduce costs, improve time management, or make needed changes to other aspects of the process
- Redesign and reengineer the process and/or make improvements to one or many steps of the process to increase productivity, reduce costs, improve time management, or make needed changes to other aspects of the process
- Design process KPIs to control the process, including identifying all data requirements
- Identify opportunities for paperless and automated workflows
- Document standard operating procedures (SOP), and obtain end-user approval and sign off
- Assist with project management tasks for cross-functional projects to ensure alignment
- Develop end users’ stories and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Work with QA to develop test cases including but not limited to process mapping and to test both functional/UAT design & execution.
- Definition & documentation of business requirements; Design review; QA test plan review & approval; UAT facilitation & execution; Training material development & support
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience is required
- Previous 5-7 years of experience in documenting and reengineering Business processes is required
- Previous experience in documenting business processes for any of the following functions (Finance, HR, Customer Service Management, ITSM) is required
- Lean Sigma (ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt) is required
- Proficient with Microsoft Visio or any other tools is required
- Experience with ERP or CRM systems implementation is required
- Previous re-engineering experience updating an existing ERP system to provide solutions for reporting, workflows, and enhanced functions is an asset
- Previous experience using Jira tools to document user stories and software requirements is an asset
- Knowledge of agile development methods (Scrum, Kanban) is an asset
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage timelines and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of initiative
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Must be eligible to work in Canada